Saturday, October 17, 2009

Increasing awareness - walking lightly on the earth


last night I tried to replicate a sole dish from Julia Child's French Chef "sole bonne femme" with some measure of success (it was yummy) and fun to try to cook in that style.

I love seafood and ever since I've visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium, I have wanted to chose fish wisely, but really thinking I should stay away altogether. Then, I came across an article about a firm called Sea2Table, they provide sustainable alternatives to restaurants - pretty cool. Conservation and cookery: Eat for the ecosystem | The Economist

I have some awareness about the environmental impact of the fishing industry - I usually try not to buy anything that's been farmed...and I am inspired to try to find a balance and go the sustainable route. I reminded myself to check out the Monterey Bay Aquarium knowing they provide great information on earth friendly choices - Seafood Watch - I'm excited to see that there's even an Iphone app! http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/seafoodwatch.aspx

Now I think I can make choices with a wider awareness!

No comments:

Post a Comment